Hotel at a Glance: Mohegan Sun
A mecca of gaming, dining, and relaxation in the middle of Connecticut, Mohegan Sun has everything a guest could ask for—two or three times over. Visit one of the casinos, catch a concert, play a round of golf, or stuff yourself to the gills in one of the many onsite restaurants. There's absolutely no excuse for boredom.
- Hit the jackpot in one of three casinos.
- Dinner for days: There are a whopping 39 dining outlets located onsite, running the gamut from Michael Jordan's Steakhouse to Bobby Flay's.
- Get pampered at the Elemis Spa, which features 15 spa therapy rooms, a full-service salon, and much more.
- Tee off at the Mohegan Sun golf club's 18-hole golf course.
- Take in a show or a game at Mohegan Sun Arena, home to the WNBA's CT Sun. When the team isn't playing, the arena offers a jam-packed calendar stocked with top acts, such as Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, and Rod Stewart.
Uncasville, Connecticut: Native American Land Outside Norwich
Best known for Mohegan Sun, Uncasville sits just outside of Norwich on the banks of the Thames River. The property is run by the Mohegan Tribe, who are natives of the area. Uncasville's fortunes improved significantly in 1996, when Congress granted reservation status to the tribe, allowing for the construction of the casino.