Top Reasons to Stay at Mountain Lodge Telluride
- The views are stunning. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks, the wood-trimmed lodge is situated at the base of the Telluride Ski Resort—named the Best Ski Resort in North America by Conde Nast Traveler in 2012.
- There’s still plenty to do in the summer: between 7 a.m. and midnight take a free gondola up the mountain to go biking and hiking, or into historic Telluride to explore the downtown area.
- You can dine onsite at The View restaurant, where chefs prepare pub fare such as fish and chips ($16) and angus blue cheese poblano bacon burgers ($15).
- Junior and two-bedroom suites come with a kitchen, gas fireplace, balcony, and multiple flat-screen TVs.
- The heated outdoor pool and whirlpool offer quiet relaxation after a busy day of activity.
Telluride, Colorado: World-Class Outdoor Recreation and Mountain-Town Charm
The historic town of Telluride is tucked into the majestic San Juan Mountains of southwest Colorado. Gold mining was the primary means of income in the early days. Once the first chairlift was put up in 1972, though, skiers began flocking to the charming mountain town for its fresh powder and steep slopes.
Once the snow melts each summer, hikers and mountain bikers take over, traversing scenic paths that wind through aspen groves and scenic meadows. The resort’s 18-hole golf course is surrounded by one of the highest concentrations of 14,000-foot mountains in North America.
There are also several hot springs in the area. For a soothing soak, head to Orvis Hot Springs, about 40 miles away, where clothing is optional and the lithium-infused water is pure and untreated. Another popular activity is whitewater rafting through Class II and III rapids on the San Miguel River.
In historic downtown Telluride, you’ll find quaint shops, galleries, and restaurants. At night, you can grab a beer among locals at a number of unassuming saloons and pubs. Telluride hosts a number of festivals throughout the summer, including celebrations of hot air balloons (May 31–June 2), wine (June 28–30), and jazz (August 2–4).
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.