Hotel At a Glance: Mountain Lodge
Set atop West Virginia's Cheat Mountain in the Allegheny range, Mountain Lodge is a family-friendly property near tons of things to do. Snowshoe Mountain Resort welcomes flocks of skiers in winter and transforms in spring into an adventure playground for mountain biking, zipline rides, and hikes past waterfalls and rocky bluffs.
Just steps from the lodge, you'll find the resort village, where kids can zoom down waterslides and splash in outdoor pools, while grownups lounge in outdoor hot tubs. The cobblestone-lined village also boasts a smorgasbord of charming restaurants and shops.
- Mountain adventure: Mountain biking, ski lift rides, and ATV tours are among the summer activities available in this 10,000-acre wilderness.
- Water recreation*: Fishing, kayaking, and paddleboating at nearby Shavers Lake
- Onsite dining: Dining options range from barbecue at Foxfire Grille to maple syrup-drenched waffles at the lakeside Boathouse.
- Shop 'til you drop: Stock up on outerwear and bike gear or handmade soaps and pottery at the Village shops.
- That's Entertainment: Catch standup acts in the lodge’s Comedy Cellar.
- Tee off: The award-winning Raven Golf Club features 18 challenging holes and sweeping mountain views.
- Home away from home: The lodge boasts a wood-burning fireplace in the lobby, a recreation area for kids, and full kitchens in all units.
Snowshoe, West Virginia: Year-Round Outdoor Adventure in Former Mining Town
The tiny town of Snowshoe is situated high up in the Allegheny Mountains of eastern West Virginia. Most of the activity here revolves around Snowshoe Mountain Resort, a hotspot for skiing and snowboarding in the winter, and mountain biking in the spring and summer. The backcountry trails are ideal for hiking, or you can take a day trip to nearby Monongahela National Forest to explore rocky outcroppings and woods full of hemlock, black cherry, and virgin spruce trees. You can still ride the nearby Cass Scenic Railroad aboard a restored steam locomotive that chugs along through rugged terrain and past mills left over from the area’s days as a logging hub.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.