Hotel at a Glance: Neptune Hollywood Beach Hotel
Ocean breezes waft over the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk in front of this family-friendly hotel, where you can sit on comfy lounge chairs as you gaze out over the Atlantic. The hotel is well situated for exploring Hollywood Beach, whether you prefer renting a bicycle onsite or strolling down to the shore bright and early to watch the sunrise.
- Rise and shine with a free continental breakfast each morning.
- Heated pool: Splash around in the water or soak up rays in one of the poolside lounge chairs.
- Have a cookout on one of the outdoor barbecue grills.
- Comfy guest rooms feature pillow-top mattresses and flat-screen TVs with access to hundreds of channels.
- Beach cruisers: Guests get complimentary bike rentals to explore the town or pedal along the boardwalk.
Hollywood, Florida: Quiet Coastal Town with Beachfront Boardwalk
Hollywood is situated just a few miles south of Fort Lauderdale and about a half hour drive north of Miami, but it’s quite a bit more relaxed than both. The town’s beach boardwalk—named one of the country’s best by Travel + Leisure—stretches alongside the Atlantic Ocean for 2.5 miles, attracting joggers, bicyclists, and shoppers. To get to the boardwalk from downtown, hop aboard the old-timey trolley that makes runs to the beach Wednesday–Sunday. Other Hollywood attractions include the Anne Kolb Nature Center, a 1,500-acre wetland where you can kayak through tidal channels or take walking trails through red-mangrove forests.
The tempo picks up in neighboring Fort Lauderdale, a city famous for its beaches and boats. During the day, water taxis cruise the Intracoastal Waterway, offering up-close views of waterfront mansions and anchored yachts. At night, hit up the upscale bars and restaurants on Las Olas Boulevard.