Hotel at a Glance: New York-New York Hotel & Casino
Outside the 4-star New York-New York Hotel & Casino, re-creations of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty bring the Big Apple to mind. But inside, it’s all about Sin City. The casino glows with the lights of more than 1,500 slots, and dealers lead games like blackjack and roulette at more than 67 tables.
- Classic NYC foods from Nathan’s Famous Hot Dogs and Gallagher’s Steakhouse are among the options at the hotel’s many restaurants. But if you’re ready to explore some other tastes, there’s also an extensive buffet, where you can redeem your voucher for two.
- Pour it up: Bars serve everything from craft beer to dessert-inspired cocktails.
- Pool party: Guests can go for a swim or lounge in style with cabana rentals.
- Live entertainment: Cirque du Soleil’s adults-only Zumanity adds elements of burlesque to the troupe’s famed acrobatics.
- Best way to unwind: with an organic facial at the spa
The Las Vegas Strip: 24/7 Entertainment and Fine Dining
With an almost unlimited variety of casinos, bars and nightclubs, and live entertainment, the general consensus along the Las Vegas Strip seems to be “go big or go home.” And you can go really big here. Make a beeline for the dozens of 24-hour casinos lining the neon-lit Strip to tango with Lady Luck in high-stakes games of roulette, blackjack, and poker; or grab a front-row seat to the city’s over-the-top glitz at nightly magic, acrobatic, and musical performances. Be sure to stick around for mealtimes—casinos on the Strip are known for their fine-dining restaurants and extravagant buffets overflowing with crab legs and prime rib.
Even Sin City isn’t all casinos, all the time. Go shopping at the high-end boutiques found inside most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, or head to Fashion Show Las Vegas to browse racks at Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue. You can also virtually travel the globe in just a few city blocks, thanks to the Strip’s re-creation of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and Venetian canals. And you’ll find a surprising number of shows in Las Vegas for kids hidden among the raucous nightlife.