Hotel at a Glance: NYLO Irving Las Colinas Hotel
The distinctive NYLO Irving Las Colinas Hotel fuses brick, glass, and steel into a loft-inspired modern masterpiece in bustling Las Colinas, just outside of Dallas. On the other side of the hotel’s fortress-like walls, guests will find an outdoor courtyard with two pools, a full-service bar, and a lounge.
- Sushi and cocktails: Pair a crayfish roll with a peach-jalapeño martini at The Loft restaurant and bar.
- Loft king rooms feature exposed-brick walls, picture windows, 10-foot ceilings, and polished-concrete floors.
- A pair of pools provide plenty of room to cool off and sunbathe.
- Local artwork is on display throughout the hotel.
- Focus on fitness in the onsite gym.
Las Colinas, Texas: Attractive Planned Community with Fortune 500 Companies
One of the first planned communities in the United States, Las Colinas has occupied a 12,000-acre swath of Irving, Texas, since 1972. Just 13 miles outside of Dallas, the upscale development centers on a couple of waterways, Lake Carolyn and the Mandalay Canal, where you can rent paddleboats or take a romantic gondola ride. The Mustangs of Las Colinas, considered the largest equestrian sculptures in the world, sit along the lake’s shores.
Come Monday morning, Las Colinas goes to work at more than 2,000 companies, including Fortune 500 firms such as ExxonMobil, Commercial Metals Company, and Kimberly-Clark. The area is served by Dallas Area Rapid Transit, which makes getting back and forth from Dallas a snap.