Hotel at a Glance: NYLO Irving Las Colinas Hotel
The distinctive NYLO Irving Las Colinas Hotel fuses brick, glass, and steel into a loft-inspired modern masterpiece in the heart of bustling Las Colinas, just outside of Dallas. On the other side of the hotel's fortresslike walls, guests will find an outdoor courtyard with two pools, a full-service bar, and a lounge.
- Sushi and cocktails at The Loft restaurant and bar
- Exposed-brick walls join picture windows, 10-foot ceilings, and polished concrete floors in loft king rooms.
- A pair of pools provide plenty of room to cool off and lay out.
- Local artwork is on display throughout the hotel.
- Focus on fitness in the state-of-the-art gym.
Las Colinas, Texas: Gondola Rides, Horse Sculptures, and Fortune 500 Companies
One of the first planned communities in the United States, Las Colinas has occupied a 12,000-acre swath of Irving, Texas, since 1972. Just 11 miles outside of Dallas, the upscale development boasts several private country clubs, the popular Lake Carolyn, and a canal with a boardwalk. For a romantic tour, take a gondola ride on the canal. Back on land, Las Colinas is distinguished by The Mustangs of Las Colinas, considered the largest equestrian sculptures in the world.
Come Monday morning, Las Colinas goes to work at more than 2,000 companies, including Fortune 500 firms such as ExxonMobil, Commercial Metals Company, and Kimberly-Clark. The area is served by Dallas Area Rapid Transit, which makes getting back and forth from Dallas a snap.