Hotel at a Glance: NYLO Plano at Legacy
With its industrial-chic design scheme and avant-garde restaurant, NYLO Plano at Legacy brings a touch of urban sophistication to northeast Texas. Loft-style rooms are decorated with local artwork and custom furnishings; outdoors, a gas fireplace stands adjacent to the property's sleek, heated pool.
- Lofty accommodations: NYLO loft king rooms feature exposed brick, oversized windows, polished concrete floors, and plenty of creature comforts.
- Tapas and cocktails: Fresh and local ingredients go into the dishes at LOCL Restaurant & Lounge, which hosts a popular happy hour and a live music series.
- Take a dip: In the heated outdoor pool
- Stay fit: In the state-of-the-art gym
- Keep it green: The hotel receives half its power from renewable energy sources.
- Go shopping: at The Shops at Legacy and Stonebriar Centre, both a short drive away.
Plano, Texas: Happy-Go-Lucky Business Town Near Dallas
For a medium-sized suburb of Dallas, Plano sure receives a lot of attention from the financial press. CNN Money has dubbed it the 11th best place to live in the U.S., and Forbes named it America's safest city. Peace and prosperity seem to go hand in hand in Plano, which serves as headquarters for some of the nation's largest companies, including Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Dell, J.C. Penney, and Pizza Hut.
But it's not all about work here. Fashion comes first at The Shops at Legacy, and at Stonebriar Centre, sprawling, pedestrian-oriented shopping centers with high-end designer stores and upscale restaurants. There are also two huge green spaces in town: Bob Woodruff Park and Oak Point Park and Nature Preserve. Connected by biking trails, they form a total area larger than Central Park in Manhattan. For sports fans, the nearby city of Frisco offers professional soccer at Toyota Stadium and minor league baseball at Dr. Pepper Ballpark.