Hotel at a Glance: Oak Brook Hills Resort Chicago
Recently opened for the new season, the Willow Crest Golf Club course is nice to look at any time of year. In fact, it's a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary that’s peppered with lakes, ponds, willow trees, and wildlife. Many of the rooms at the Oak Brook Hills Resort Chicago offer views of the course as well as the village of Oak Brook. Onsite dining and comfortable accommodations make the resort a great spot for quick getaways. Downtown Chicago is only 21 miles away.
- Tee off: Select options include two rounds of golf and cart rental at the onsite club.
- Deluxe rooms feature spacious layouts, as well as flat-screen TVs.
- Windows Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the eatery serves everything from paninis to steaks.
- Take a dip in the hotel’s indoor or outdoor pools.
- Meeting space: 42,000-square-foot conference center makes the hotel a popular choice for business travelers
- Distance from Brookfield Zoo: 8 miles
Highlights of Oak Brook, Illinois
- Chicago suburb: Located about 20 miles west of the city, Oak Brook offers a change of pace.
- Oakbrook Center, an outdoor shopping mall, offers dozens of designer shops including Neiman Marcus, Pottery Barn, and Apple.
- Independent boutiques and sweet shops line Main Street in nearby Downers Grove.
- Brookfield Zoo houses camels, giraffes, and amur tigers on 216 acres of indoor and outdoor habitats.