Hotel at a Glance: Oak Brook Hills Resort Chicago
Though it’s typically not open for play until April, the Willow Crest Golf Course is nice to look at any time of year. In fact, it's a Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary that’s peppered with lakes, ponds, willow trees, and wildlife. Many of the rooms at the Oak Brook Hills Resort Chicago offer views of the course as well as the village of Oak Brook. Onsite dining and comfortable accommodations make the resort a great spot for quick getaways. Downtown Chicago is only 20 miles away.
- Executive suites feature spacious layouts with separate living rooms and dining rooms, as well as private balconies.
- Windows Restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner; the eatery serves everything from paninis to steaks.
- Take a dip in the hotel’s indoor pool.
- 42,000-square-foot conference center makes the hotel a popular choice for business travelers.
- Distance to the award-winning Brookfield Zoo: 8 miles
Oak Brook, Illinois: Chicago Suburb with Upscale Shopping
About 20 miles from Chicago, the western suburb of Oak Brook offers a change of pace from the bustle of the city with upscale shopping and nearby family attractions. Oakbrook Center, a prestigious outdoor shopping mall, offers dozens of designer shops including Neiman Marcus, Pottery Barn, and Apple. You can peruse independent boutiques and sweet shops on Main Street in nearby Downers Grove; nearby, camels, giraffes, baboons, and Siberian tigers roam 216 acres of indoor and outdoor habitats at the renowned Brookfield Zoo.