Resort at a Glance: Occidental Grand Punta Cana Resort
Bavaro Beach was ranked 1 of the top 10 Caribbean beaches in TripAdvisor’s 2015 Travelers’ Choice awards, and for good reason. Its palm-studded shores lead to calm, warm waters great for swimming. The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Punta Cana Resort is set right along Bavaro’s soft white sands. Have a seat on a lounger to watch the waves roll in, or use the resort’s kayaking or snorkeling gear to explore the Caribbean Sea.
- All-inclusive privileges: Enjoy a variety of daily scheduled activities including dance lessons and yoga, land and non-motorized water sports and nightly entertainment.
- Three swimming pools where you can take diving lessons, play water polo or volleyball, or simply enjoy a drink at the Swim-up bar.
- Deluxe rooms feature one king or two double beds, satellite TV, coffee maker, mini bar and private balconies.
- Keep kids busy with supervised activities including video games, sports, crafts and theater for ages 4–12.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as “a beautiful island paradise.” Punta Cana, located on the island’s easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day’s catch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about a 20-minute drive from Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. One additional guest 13 or older may stay for $100 per night Nov–Dec, $125 per night Jan–Mar, and $110 per night in April. Up to two kids 12 or younger may be added. For Nov–Dec stays, $55 per night for each kid aged 2–12. For Jan–April stays, $65 per night for each kid aged 2–12 Jan–Mar and $60 per night for each kid aged 2–12 in April; infants 1 or younger stay free in all months.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this offer.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Some restaurants and bars require reservations and dress codes. For specific information regarding your dining options, please click here.