Hotel at a Glance: Ocean Blue & Sand Punta Cana
Rows of palm trees are all that separate Ocean Blue & Sand Punta Cana from the Caribbean Sea. Here, guests take to the azure waves for kayaking, windsurfing, and snorkeling––watersports that count among the 4-star resort’s all-inclusive amenities.
- Special perks: The all-inclusive package comes with three meals a day plus snacks, unlimited domestic drinks, free WiFi in all hotel areas, and access to numerous activities, including bowling and dancing at the onsite disco.
- Room with a view: In junior suites, private terraces afford bird’s-eye views of the Caribbean or the hotel’s gardens and swimming pools. Each room also comes with a private jacuzzi.
- Stay active: The all-inclusive package includes access to sports such as sailing, diving, free unlimited bowling, water polo, and archery.
- Grab a bite: The resort’s eight dining options range from Italian cuisine to Mexican food.
- Enjoy a romantic evening: Grab a drink and listen to tunes in the lobby’s piano bar.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic: Miles of White-Sand Beaches
When Christopher Columbus landed on the Dominican Republic more than five centuries ago, he described it as “a beautiful island paradise.” Punta Cana, located on the island’s easternmost tip, lays legitimate claim to that description. The coast stretches for more than 20 miles and is dotted with coconut palms, chaise lounges, and laid-back bars. Glitzy resorts feature prominently along the shoreline, but Playa El Cortecito, a short drive up the coast, harks back to earlier times. Brightly colored, thatched-roof shacks line the beach, and local fishermen bring their boats to shore each afternoon with the day’s catch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 17 miles (28 km) from Punta Cana International Airport (PUJ). Transportation is about $45 each way.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Junior suites have a maximum occupancy of 2 adults and 3 kids 12 or younger, or 4 adults and 1 kid 12 or younger. $70 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; $55 per night for each additional guest 12 or younger.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required. For more information about your dining options, please click here.