What You Get
- Stay for two in a queen room, two-double room, or junior suite, or eight in a family suite
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a two-double room or junior suite
- Dates into June
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $3.50 daily historic preservation fee added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Ocean Breeze Hotel
Ocean Breeze Hotel lives up to its name, sitting just a 6-minute walk away from the shore and Ocean City’s famous boardwalk. And with two complimentary beach tags from the hotel, you’ll be able to enjoy the beach for free.
- A free continental breakfast means you’ll never walk out the door hungry.
- Take a refreshing dip in the outdoor pool or stay dry and perfect your tan on the sun deck.
- An old-fashioned porch with plenty of seats and ceiling fans is the perfect place to crack open a book, mingle with other guests, or hone your whittling skills.
- Free perks: parking, WiFi, and use of gas BBQs
Ocean City, New Jersey: Historical Beach Town Close to Atlantic City
Most would associate New Jersey’s boardwalks with Atlantic City’s flashy casinos, but the Jersey shore also has a laid-back side. Less than a half hour south of Atlantic City lies Ocean City, a resort town that has maintained a wholesome reputation through alcohol-free laws and a 2.5-mile boardwalk. At that boardwalk—which the Travel Channel named one of America’s best—you’ll find beach-themed shops, mini golf, rides, old-fashioned ice-cream and candy shops, and other family-centric amusements. In the summer, the city swells with visitors looking to surf, jet ski, or simply lie along the beach.
About 25 minutes north is Atlantic City, Ocean City’s fast-paced neighbor, with high-rise casinos and a lively boardwalk. Originally built in 1870 to keep sand out of hotel lobbies, the boardwalk grew in popularity as a place where you could drink and gamble during Prohibition without much trouble from the police, as depicted in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire. The boardwalk is still popular for its casinos, but it’s family-friendly, too; visitors are just as inclined to sit at the beach or stop at one of the many carnival rides.
For a break from the boardwalk, head to Absecon Lighthouse, which is more than 150 years old. If you climb its 228 steps to the top, you’ll be rewarded with sweeping views of the city skyline and the Atlantic Ocean. Down at the base, there’s a replica of the original light keeper’s lonely cloister.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Two-Double Room and Junior Suite
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $10 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- One queen bed and three double beds
- Standard occupancy: 8
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Outdoor pool with sun deck
- Free continental breakfast
- Free WiFi
- Two free beach tags (each requires $20 refundable deposit)
- BBQ grills
- Free parking (limited availability)
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- $3.50 daily historic preservation fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ocean Breeze Hotel
- Nearest airport: Atlantic City International (ACY; 16 mi)