Hotel At a Glance: Ocean Manner Beach Resort
Nestled along a private, 200-foot beach along the Atlantic, Ocean Manner Beach Resort lets you stay about as close to the water as possible. The only things between you and the beach are rentable cabanas, white sand, and a heated outdoor pool, where you can enjoy the area's average 77-degree temperatures. A multitude of other aquatic activities are just a short drive away. Visitors can parasail, go boating, or scuba dive offsite. For dinner, the resort's Bamboo Beach Tiki Bar and Cafe serves tropical cocktails, pizza, and burgers from the pool deck.
- Enjoy the view: Every room overlooks the ocean or city skyline, and features a mini-fridge, microwave, and hardwood or ceramic-tile floors.
- Upscale dining experience: Onsite Asian-fusion lounge Tokyo Blue serves fresh sashimi, sushi rolls, and Japanese wagyu kobe beef. It transforms into a nightclub on the weekends, hosting popular house DJs.
- Grab a drink at one of two tiki bars.
- Go shopping: The bustling Las Olas Boulevard, just a few miles away, features 10 international art galleries, 65 shops, and more than 30 restaurants, as well as the Museum of Discovery & Science.
- Get a massage at the onsite spa; deep-tissue and Swedish massages are available.
- Spot a celebrity or two: The resort was once a favorite place to stay for Johnny Carson, and it still attracts pro athletes and musicians.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.