Hotel at a Glance: Ocean Manor Beach Resort
Nestled along a private 200-foot beach along the Atlantic, Ocean Manor Beach Resort lets you stay about as close to the water as possible. The only things between you and the beach are rentable cabanas, white sand, and a heated outdoor pool, where you can enjoy the area’s average 77-degree temperatures. A multitude of other aquatic activities are just a short drive away. Visitors can parasail, go boating, or scuba-dive offsite. For dinner, the resort’s Bamboo Beach Club & Tiki Bar serves tropical cocktails, pizza, and burgers from the pool deck.
- Enjoy the view: Every room overlooks the ocean or city skyline and features a mini fridge, and hardwood or ceramic-tile floors.
- Grab a drink or dine on steak and seafood at one of two tiki bars.
- Go shopping: The bustling Las Olas Boulevard, just a few miles away, features 10 international art galleries, 65 shops, and more than 30 restaurants, as well as the Museum of Discovery and Science.
- Get a massage at the onsite spa; deep-tissue and Swedish massages are available.
- Spot a celebrity or two: The resort was once a favorite place to stay for Johnny Carson, and it still attracts pro athletes and musicians.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.