Hotel at a Glance: Ocean Manor Beach Resort
Nestled on a private beach along the Atlantic, Ocean Manor Beach Resort lets you stay about as close to the water as possible. The only things between you and the beach are cabanas and a heated outdoor pool. A multitude of other aquatic activities—including scuba-diving, parasailing, and boating—are just a short drive away.
- City-view rooms feature mini fridges and hardwood or ceramic-tile floors.
- Fill up: The resort’s Bamboo Beach Club & Tiki Bar serves tropical cocktails, pizza, and burgers from the pool deck.
- Grab a drink or dine on steak and seafood at one of two tiki bars.
- Relax with a deep-tissue or Swedish massage at the onsite spa.
- Spot a celebrity or two: The resort was once a favorite place to stay for Johnny Carson, and it still attracts pro athletes and musicians.
- What’s nearby: Bustling Las Olas Boulevard features 10 international art galleries, 65 shops, and more than 30 restaurants, as well as the Museum of Discovery and Science.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.