Top Reasons to Stay at Ocean Reef Resort
- It’s located right on the beach, which means there are no barriers to beachcombing or catching a sunrise over the Atlantic.
- At the resort’s center is a new water park guarded by giant tiki statues.
- Oceanfront efficiency rooms and oceanfront rooms are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, and private balconies. The efficiency rooms also come with homey amenities such as small stoves and all the cookware and dishware you could need.
- With three bedrooms, angle oceanfront condos can accommodate up to eight guests. In addition to the amenities of the efficiency rooms, they have washers and dryers.
- Both kids and adults are welcome to use the air-hockey table and arcade games in the game room and the oversize chessboard and ping-pong table on the ocean-view deck.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina's Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for families by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk's hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, one of more than a hundred courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.