Top Reasons to Stay at Ocean Reef Resort
- It’s located right on the beach, ensuring prime opportunities for beachcombing and catching a sunrise over the Atlantic.
- There are four food and beverage spots onsite, including the oceanfront Cafe du Port which serves up eggs, fresh fruit, cold juices, and more every morning.
- Children can participate in supervised activities such as arts and crafts, pool games, and treasure hunts.
- The resort centers on a water park guarded by giant tiki statues.
- Oceanfront efficiency rooms and oceanfront rooms are equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, and private balconies.
- With three bedrooms, angle oceanfront condos can accommodate up to eight guests. In addition to the amenities of the efficiency rooms, they have washers and dryers and full kitchens.
- Kids as well as adults are welcome to use the air-hockey table and arcade games in the game room and the oversize chessboard and ping-pong table on the ocean-view deck.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Sandy Beaches, Seaside Golf Courses, and Classic Amusement-Park Rides
Myrtle Beach is the crown jewel of South Carolina’s Grand Strand, a 60-mile stretch of white, sandy beaches along the Atlantic seaboard that draws surfers, fishers, and kayakers. The city was named one of the best vacation spots in the United States for a family by USA Today, in part because of its wooden boardwalk, which stretches for more than a mile and buzzes with carnival games and amusement-park rides. Hop into the SkyWheel Ferris wheel’s glass-floored gondolas, surrounded by more than a million LED lights, for a panoramic view of the city below.
Less than 20 miles south of Myrtle Beach, the tiny fishing village of Murrells Inlet provides a tranquil contrast to the boardwalk’s hustle and bustle. At Brookgreen Gardens, more than 1,400 original sculptures stand amid sprawling floral gardens and massive, moss-covered oak trees that have been around for centuries. Murrells Inlet is also home to the Tom Fazio–designed TPC Myrtle Beach golf course, 1 of more than 100 courses in the area that helped Myrtle Beach earn its title as the seaside golf capital of the world.
Love to travel? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for travel tips, inspiration, and photos from around the world.
<img src=”http://gr.pn/1qcASD2” style=”float: left; margin-right:13px” alt=“Getaways Staff Picks” />”Ocean Reef is a great family-friendly resort in Myrtle Beach. It’s right on the beach and has a great pool, a lazy river, and a bar for the adults.” – Seth, Groupon Getaways