Hotel at a Glance: Ocean Sky Hotel and Resort
A recent million-dollar refurbishment has breathed new life into the Ocean Sky Hotel and Resort. Located directly on the beach, this full-service hotel is just 15 minutes north of downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Sip something tropical at the oceanfront tiki bar.
- Grab a bite at the onsite restaurant.
- Take a dip in the oceanfront swimming pool and oversize hot tub.
- Find some shade in one of the poolside cabanas or in the game room.
- Break a sweat in the fitness center.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.