4-star hotel along the California coast offers regional cuisine, natural spa treatments, and roomy suites with private balconies
You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Hotel at a Glance: Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay Harbor
Just outside this expansive 4-star hotel, schooners departing from Pillar Point Harbor glide along Half Moon Bay’s peaceful waters. It’s a scenic setting that influenced the hotel’s architecture, which resembles a seaport oasis. Guests may be tempted to linger on their suites’ private balconies to take in the scenery or the harbor’s famous sunsets and sip the complimentary sparkling wine or wine (one bottle per stay), but there are plenty of nearby adventures to take advantage of as well. Bike along the coast or get your feet wet on a surfing or kayaking excursion.
- Spacious deluxe suites feature private balconies, fireplaces, and flat-screen TVs.
- Savor fresh seafood and aperitifs at the upscale Oceano Bar & Grill.
- Sink into a milk-and-honey bath at the onsite spa, which offers custom-blended treatments.
- Eco-friendly: Conscious of the region’s scenic beauty, the hotel is dedicated to earth-friendly practices.
- Shops at Harbor Village: Browse more than two dozen boutiques and restaurants in this greenhouse-style shopping center, located just off the lobby.
- Downtown San Francisco is about 40 minutes away by car.
Half Moon Bay, California: Coastal Town near Silicon Valley and San Francisco
Half Moon Bay is a rural seaside town about 30 miles south of San Francisco. Its Main Street is lined with buildings that date back to the 19th century. Wealth from nearby Silicon Valley has given new life to many of those buildings, which now house art galleries, boutiques, and upscale restaurants serving seasonal fare and wines from local vineyards.
Many of Half Moon Bay’s attractions can be found along its gorgeous coastline. At Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, small pools fill up along the shore at low tide, revealing hermit crabs and starfish amid the sandy coves and monterey cypress trees. Another favorite spot is the 4-mile-long Half Moon Bay State Beach.