Hotel at a Glance: Old Yacht Club Inn
The Old Yacht Club Inn has served many purposes over the years. After the California Craftsman home was built in 1912, it was the headquarters for the Santa Barbara Yacht Club in the 1920s; in 1980, the home was converted into a bed and breakfast. Throughout all of these changes, its number-one highlight is still its prime location, just a block from the beach.
- Go on a bike ride thanks to the inn’s complimentary bicycle rentals; there’s an oceanfront path one block from the hotel.
- Watch fishermen at work at nearby Stearns Wharf, then check out the wharf’s seafood restaurants and small boutiques.
- Why visit now? Stearns Wharf shows free movies on Friday nights in August and September.
Highlights of Santa Barbara, California
- Scenery sandwich: Santa Barbara has an enviable location right between Pacific beaches and the Santa Ynez Mountains.
- Charming downtown corridor along State Street is a steady parade of mom-and-pop shops, cafes, bars, art galleries, and movie theaters
- Mediterranean architecture: think red-tile roofs, stucco facades, and Moorish-style arches
- Breezy and warm climate year-round provides an environment for lush tropical foliage to thrive
- Recommended hike: the 3.5-mile round-trip trek to Inspiration Point, which reveals scenic views of the Santa Barbara coastline and the Channel Islands off the coast