Hotel at a Glance: AAA Four Diamond Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort
Receiving a AAA Four Diamond award for 30 consecutive years wasn’t good enough for the people behind Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort; they decided the sprawling island getaway could use a face-lift. One $85 million renovation later, the resort is bigger and better than ever. Beyond its 3.5 miles of beaches, the biggest onsite gem is its multitiered poolscape, which features an adults-only infinity pool with sweeping views, a massive family-friendly pool and splash park, two hot tubs, and three fire pits.
- Luxurious guest rooms feature Serta pillow-top mattresses, high-definition TVs, and ocean views from furnished balconies or patios.
- Nine onsite dining options include a pub, a French-style market, and a pizzeria.
- Get pampered: The full-service spa and salon uses products that are free of harmful chemicals and artificial ingredients.
- Tee off: The resort’s three championship golf courses earned it a spot on Condé Nast Traveler’s Top Golf Resorts in the World list in 2012.
- Get sweaty: This Groupon includes access to the resort’s health-and-fitness center, as well as 23 clay tennis courts.
Amelia Island, Florida: Popular Seaside Island with 13 Miles of Pristine Beach
Amelia Island—a barrier island located about 35 miles northeast of Jacksonville—has been consistently ranked as 1 of the Top 10 Islands in the United States by Condé Nast Traveler. At just 2 miles wide and 13 miles from its northernmost point to its southernmost point, the secluded island offers pristine beaches with distinctive flavors. Main Beach has sports and entertainment, and Peters Point is well suited for family picnics. Then there’s Seaside Park at Sliders, where you can park your car on the beach and reenact 1960s movie party montages. About 20 minutes north of the resort is downtown Fernandina Beach, a Victorian seaport village filled with eclectic shops and restaurants.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.