Hotel at a Glance: AAA Four Diamond Omni Hotel at CNN Center
Located in downtown Atlanta’s Luckie Marietta District, Omni Hotel at CNN Center is connected to CNN’s world headquarters and within walking distance of Centennial Olympic Park. The closest hotel to the Georgia Dome, the award-winning luxury hotel exemplifies “posh” with its impressive marble lobby and floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Atlanta city-center: within walking distance of the Georgia Aquarium and the World of Coca-Cola museum
- CNN’s world headquarters allows visitors to tour the working studios and bustling newsrooms.
- Sweeping views from deluxe rooms look out over the skyline and Centennial Olympic Park.
- Upscale American cuisine in the hotel’s Prime Meridian Restaurant includes dinner items such as roasted atlantic cod with sun-dried-tomato grits and chorizo-stuffed pork loin.
- Recharge your batteries on the tanning deck at the outdoor heated pool, or head to the onsite Serenity Spa for a hot-stone or aromatherapy massage.<p>
Atlanta: Urban Parks and Renowned Aquarium in Capital of the South
Named 1 of 50 Places of a Lifetime by National Geographic, Atlanta lies near the Chattahoochee River in Georgia’s northwest region known for its famed trees: magnolias, pines, and dogwoods. Despite a metropolitan population of more than five million and what is considered the world’s busiest airport by passenger count, Atlanta seems to always offer a relaxing escape. Stroll through the 185 acres of botanical gardens, hiking trails, and oaks at Piedmont Park, or study one of the country’s largest Civil War exhibitions at the Atlanta History Center.
Anchored by historical Peachtree Street, the city’s midtown area boasts a thriving arts-and-culture scene. Opened in 1929, the Fox Theatre features imposing Egyptian architecture and a custom-made organ with a network of 3,622 pipes. Tours take place on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. The High Museum of Art spotlights more than 12,000 pieces of contemporary and folk art, ranging from Renaissance paintings to photographs from the civil-rights era. Kids might better enjoy the Georgia Aquarium, located downtown at Centennial Olympic Park. Considered the world’s largest aquarium with more than 8 million gallons of fresh and marine water and more than 100,000 animals, the aquarium is home to beluga whales, lionfish, whale sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and more.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.