Hotel at a Glance: Oregon Garden Resort
The Oregon Garden Resort is surrounded by 80 acres of rolling hills, brightly colored flower beds, and charming walkways shaded by oak trees. Inside the resort you’ll stay in a king or double-queen room with a roaring fireplace and private patio or balcony. In the morning, start the day with a complimentary breakfast.
- Rejuvenate yourself at Moonstone Spa, which offers massages, facials, and nail treatments. One of this Groupon’s options comes with an $80 credit per stay.
- Garden View Restaurant serves crab cakes, New York strip, butternut-squash pasta, salmon, and more. Option three includes a dining credit for $30 per day.
- Enjoy nightly entertainment and cocktails in the Fireside Lounge.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor pool.
- Visit Christmas in the Garden featuring a new 3,500 square foot outdoor ice skating rink.
Silverton, Oregon: Natural Beauty on the Banks of Silver Creek
Little Silverton is a lush, green settlement just 17 miles from Silver Falls State Park in the Willamette Valley. The beautiful park covers 9,000 square miles making it the largest in Oregon, as well as the most famous having appeared in the blockbuster film Twilight. After hiking and biking your way through, you can find even more natural wonders in Silverton’s Oregon Garden. Full of blooming flowers and pleasant pathways, it’s also home to the Gordon House, one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Usonian wonders. Downtown is filled with plenty of shops and eateries, many of which overlook the creek.
Just 15 miles away from Silverton lies Salem. Oregon’s capital city is nestled in the picturesque Willamette Valley, where lush hillsides are dotted with small towns, sustainable farms, and hundreds of vineyards producing the region’s world-famous pinot noir. The pastoral landscape surrounding Salem hides the fact that the city is one of Oregon’s biggest—second only to Portland. The city takes advantage of its spot on the Willamette River with a 23-acre waterfront park where you can kayak or ride bikes or the Riverfront Carousel. Downtown Salem is home to the Oregon State Capitol and Willamette University, one of the oldest universities in the western United States.