These condo-style villas in Palm Springs are on the grounds of a resort featuring a pool with water slides, grottoes, and rock formations
Hotel at a Glance: Palm Canyon Resort
At the heart of Palm Canyon Resort, there’s a 1.5-acre swimming pool with water slides, waterfalls, and dramatic rock formations. Venture into the caverns and you’ll find grottoes and a bubbling spa. Families visit year-round to soak up the desert sun and enjoy views of the surrounding mountains.
- Spacious condo-style villas feature kitchenettes and furnished patios.
- Get pampered with facials, scrubs, or massages at the onsite spa.
- Distance from downtown Palm Springs: 3 miles
- Tee off: The area is home to more than 100 golf courses, many with views of the mountains.
- Shop till you drop: Nicknamed the Rodeo Drive of the Desert, El Paseo shopping district is full of designer clothing stores, art galleries, and jewelry boutiques.
- Lace up your hiking boots: The Art Smith Trail takes you past exotic plants and palm oases with spectacular views of the valley. Keep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep.
Palm Springs, California: SoCal Resort Town with Midcentury Charm
Palm Springs is an oasis of outdoor recreation and old Hollywood glamour about 100 miles east of Los Angeles. Once the stomping grounds of Elvis Presley and the Rat Pack, the town still attracts A-list vacationers. Strolls through the Movie Colony take visitors past the former homes of Dean Martin, Bob Hope, and Marilyn Monroe. Furniture and clothing boutiques along Palm Canyon Drive embrace Palm Springs’ trademark aesthetic—what might be called Mad Men West.
The sun shines more than 300 days a year in Palm Springs, which means people can golf or hike in the nearby Agua Caliente Indian Canyons no matter the season. On the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, cars rotate 360 degrees as they carry passengers to Mount San Jacinto’s Mountain Station, located 8,516 feet above sea level. About 40 miles northeast is Joshua Tree National Park, which spans parts of the Colorado and Mojave Deserts. The 12 nature trails give hikers the chance to see desert bighorn sheep and black-tailed jackrabbits.