Hotel at a Glance: Park View Hotel
Right next door to this family-friendly hotel, kids can zoom down water slides and see Lego recreations of national monuments at Legoland Florida. Stretch your legs in the hotel's outdoor pool, or recharge in your guest room after a day of adventure with the kids. Located in Winter Haven, the hotel is about a half an hour drive from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, Universal Studios Florida, and Orlando's other world-famous attractions.
- Sip drinks poolside or nosh on finger foods from outdoor pool's bar.
- In-room amenities: Complimentary WiFi, satellite TV, and microwave.
- Cook-out under the sun with the hotel's barbecue grills, or head to one of the five restaurants within walking distance.
- Stay in shape at the on-site fitness center, which opens bright and early at 5 a.m. Guests also get free passes to the nearby Gold's Gym.
- Fido can tag along for $15 a day, and there are several pet services nearby.
Winter Haven, Florida: Legoland and Glittering Lakes Near Orlando
Winter Haven occupies a relatively quiet spot in between the tourist-heavy destinations of Tampa and Orlando. But the city is no slouch when it comes to family-friendly attractions. It's home to Legoland Florida, the biggest theme park of its kind in the world. Its 150 acres contain roller coasters, water rides, and a city made from Legos.
More than a dozen freshwater lakes link to each other throughout Winter Haven, inspiring the city's nickname: Chain of Lakes City. Naturally, boating and fishing are big draws here, with anglers cast out for catches of bass and bucketmouths. Water skiing along these bright blue waters is another popular activity throughout the year.