Hotel at a Glance: Parke Regency Hotel & Conference Center
The Parke Regency Hotel welcomes you to Bloomington with complimentary cocktails and an appetizer at onsite restaurant Tavern. This boutique hotel is located near downtown Bloomington and Central Illinois Regional Airport, granting easy access to both. Less than 2 miles away is the Prairie Aviation Museum, where you can check out historic planes like the McDonnell-Douglas F-4N Phantom II, a record-breaking Air Force fighter jet.
- Free hot breakfast: Start your day with waffles, eggs, bacon, and biscuits and gravy.
- Spacious rooms feature pillow-top mattresses, a fridge, microwave, and Starbucks coffee.
- Tavern serves up burgers and pub fish tacos with locally sourced food and produce picked from its vegetable-and-herb garden.
- Fitness center access: Complimentary passes to the adjacent fitness center are available.
- Golf nearby: The Arnold Palmer–designed Den at Fox Creek Golf Course is about 8 miles away.
- Winery: Located 25 miles from the hotel, the Mackinaw Valley Winery has over 20 wines available to taste, and offers a 30 mile view from the tasting room.
Bloomington, Illinois: Family-Friendly Cultural Outpost
The middle of Illinois's vast farmland might seem like an odd spot for a cultural hub, but Bloomington offers visitors just that. Its historic downtown district is rife with attractions, including galleries, theaters, and more than 10 museums. Among these are the McLean County Museum of History, where exhibits on Irish immigration, Mexican folk art, and pioneer artifacts are displayed in a historic 1903 courthouse. Another is the David Davis Mansion, the mid-Victorian home of Supreme Court Justice David Davis, who was also Abraham Lincoln's mentor and campaign manager.
Among this family-friendly city's many outdoor activities is the Grand Village of the Kickapoo Park. It's home to a rare buffalo herd and honors the Kickapoo Native Americans who used to inhabit the area. On sunny days, families can head to Grady's Family Fun Park to let loose on the bumper boats or ride the Tilt-a-Whirl. Those looking for a more peaceful getaway can walk or bike the 24-mile trail, which stretches into neighboring Normal.
Normal itself is home to a host of diversions. The Children's Discovery Center, for instance, encourages little ones to learn about science through hands-on exhibits and a laboratory. At Ropp Jersey Cheese, an award-winning cheese farm, visitors can see how cheese is made and meet a few Jersey calves.