Hotel at a Glance: Perfect Drive Golf Villas
Like a home away from home, each spacious one- or two-bedroom villa at Perfect Drive Golf Villas includes a full kitchen, private screened porch, and laundry room. Guests who stay in Pine Valley villas wake up within walking distance of the PGA Golf Club and can relax in whirlpool bathtubs after rounds. On the other side of the resort, Castle Pines villas are located within a gated community with picnic areas and a heated, lagoon-style swimming pool.
- Outdoor recreation: The villas are located only 25 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean; popular activities include kayaking, sailing, and scuba-diving
- Tee off on the links-style course at PGA Village, designed by World Golf Hall of Famer Pete Dye or play a quick round on the PGA Golf Club's six-hole short course
- Go for a swim at the nearby beaches in Fort Pierce Inlet State Park
- Sign up for a boat tour of Indian River Lagoon, and keep an eye out for dolphins, manatees, and other marine life
- History buffs will enjoy touring the Navy SEAL Museum, which commemorates the spot where the first U.S. Navy Frogmen—a precursor to the SEALS—trained during World War II
St. Lucie County, Florida: Oceanfront Nature Preserves and World-Class Golf
Located near the Atlantic coast about 100 miles north of Miami, St. Lucie County is lined with quiet white-sand beaches. The area is also home to thousands of acres of parks and nature preserves, including Indian River Lagoon's marshes and mangroves. About 20 minutes north in Fort Pierce, the Savannas Recreation Area evokes the Florida Everglades with five distinct biological communities, from wet prairies to pine flat woods.
Aside from ecotourism, St. Lucie County’s main draw is golfing at PGA Village. Hailed as 1 of the 75 Best Golf Resorts in North America by Golf Digest , the resort features courses mapped out by golfing legends Tom Fazio and Pete Dye. Its onsite practice facility with bunkers simulates famous golf courses from around the world, including Pebble Beach and Doral's Blue Monster.