Hotel at a Glance: Piccadilly Inn Airport
The Piccadilly Inn Airport hotel offers a convenient base to explore Fresno and its surrounding area, which has some of the American West’s most beautiful national parks—Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon. You can hike, fish, and mountain bike amid spectacular scenery.
- Comfy stay: Each guest room features plenty of space (400 square feet), a 34-inch flat-screen TV, and complimentary WiFi.
- Complimentary transportation between the hotel and Fresno Yosemite International Airport, which is right across the street
- Grab a bite at one of the onsite restaurants; one of this Getaway’s options includes a daily $10 dining voucher.
- Take a dip in the courtyard swimming pool to cool off or soak up the California sunshine.
- Get back to nature: Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks are within a 1.5-hour drive.
Fresno, California: Valley City Close to Outdoor Recreation in Three National Parks
As one of the largest cities in central California’s San Joaquin Valley, Fresno is a hub for travelers headed to nearby national forests and parks. It’s considered one of the gateways to Yosemite National Park, located roughly 60 miles north. The park’s 1,200 square miles of wilderness are peppered with waterfalls, giant sequoia trees, and granite cliffs—one reason Travel + Leisure considers the park one of America’s Best Family Getaways. Biking and hiking trails crisscross Yosemite, which also plays host to horseback riders, rock climbers, and, in winter, cross-country skiers.
There are two other national parks within easy driving distance of Fresno: Sequoia and Kings Canyon. These sister parks lie in the Sierra Nevada mountains and are home to deep canyons, caves, and some of the world’s largest trees. You’ll see the tallest one—the 275-foot General Sherman—while strolling on wildflower-fringed paths through Sequioa’s Giant Forest. For an unparalleled view of the Sierra Nevadas, hike up the 400 steps chiseled into the granite of Moro Rock within Sequoia National Park.