Property at a Glance: Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
There’s a lot of fun to be had at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, a property set on 600 acres in the foothills of the Catskills. There are numerous indoor and outdoor facilities, including two swimming pools with double-flume water slides, a mini-golf course, and an archery range.
- Get comfy: Nevada and Wyoming guest rooms feature new mattresses and decor.
- $50 ranch credit: Guests who book two nights or more will receive a $50 ranch credit valid toward horseback riding, onsite dining, or purchases at the gift shop.
- Nightly entertainment includes country line dancing, family shows, live DJ dancing, and family game nights. You can also simply relax next to the fire pit.
- Just for adults: nightly cocktail parties with free drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- Grab a bite at the onsite restaurant. Three meals are included each day. There’s also a free snack bar available from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Ulster County, New York: Quaint Small Towns in the Catskills
Ulster County lies in the southeastern portion of the Catskills. The county’s numerous small towns—including High Falls, New Paltz, and Woodstock—are worth checking out for their family-owned restaurants, wine bars, and antique stores.
Kerhonkson, a sleepy hamlet in the the Shawangunk Mountains, has some of the state’s best rock-climbing spots. Weather permitting, experienced climbers can scale parts of the ridge at nearby Minnewaska State Park Preserve. Kerhonkson is also home to “Gnome Chomsky” at Kelder’s Farm, one of the world’s largest garden gnomes at nearly 14 feet tall. The region is within an hour’s drive of several ski resorts, including Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain.