Hotel at a Glance: Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
There's a lot of fun to be had at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, a dining-inclusive property set on hundreds of acres in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Guests can escape with numerous indoor and outdoor facilities, including indoor and outdoor pools with double-flume water slides, a mini golf course, and an archery range. Spring and summer allows for outdoor activities such as a bouncing pillow, hayrides, rock climbing, hiking, horseshoes, tennis, bocce, basketball, and more.
- Included meals: table service for breakfast and dinner and food-court restaurants for lunch; beer, wine, and cocktails are available for an additional fee
- Recently renovated guest rooms: The Nevada and Wyoming rooms feature new flat-screen TVs, furniture, and mattresses.
- Saddle up: Your stay includes a $25 ranch credit that can be used toward any ranch activity, including a trail ride.
- Nightly entertainment includes country line dancing, family shows, live DJ dancing, and family game nights.
- Just for adults: nightly cocktail parties with free drinks and hors d’oeuvres
Ulster County, New York: Quaint Small Towns in the Catskills
Ulster County lies in the southeasternmost portion of the Catskills. Ulster County's numerous small towns are worth checking out, for their family-owned restaurants, wine bars, and antique stores. Just minutes away from Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch are quaint towns like High Falls, New Paltz, and Woodstock.
The dude ranch is located in Kerhonkson, a sleepy hamlet in the the Shawangunk Mountains, which has some of the state's best rock-climbing spots. Weather permitting, experienced climbers can scale parts of the ridge at nearby Minnewaska State Park Preserve. Kerhonkson is also home to home to Gnome Chomsky at Kelder's Farm, one of the world's largest garden gnomes at nearly 14 feet tall.
The region is within an hour's drive of several ski resorts, including Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain. Many of these resorts convert seamlessly from winter to summer activities, including zip-lining, hiking, flyfishing, and golfing.