Hotel at a Glance: Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch
There's a lot of family fun to be had at Pinegrove Family Dude Ranch, a dining-inclusive property set on hundreds of acres in the foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Guests can escape winter's chill with numerous indoor facilities, including a heated pool with a double-flume water slide, a mini golf course, and an archery range. You can also bundle up and head outside for snow tubing, ice skating with free skate rentals, and horseback riding along snowy trails.
- Included meals: three per day table service for breakfast and dinner and food court restaurants for lunch; beer, wine, and cocktails are available for an additional fee
- Saddle up: Your stay includes a $50 ranch credit that can be used toward a trail ride.
- Nightly entertainment ranges from country line dancing, family Shows, live DJ dancing to family game night.
- Just for adults: morning Bloody Mary parties and nightly cocktail parties with free drinks and hors d’oeuvres
- Recently renovated guest rooms feature new flat screen TV's, furniture, and mattresses.
Ulster County, New York: Quaint Small Towns in the Catskills
Ulster County lies in the southeasternmost portion of the Catskills. The region is within an hour's drive of several ski resorts, including Windham Mountain and Hunter Mountain. Visitors will find even more winter activities—cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and alpine hiking—at Catskill Park. Be on the lookout for white-tailed deer, coyotes, and black bears. Ulster County's numerous small towns are worth checking out, too, for their family-owned restaurants, wine bars, and antique stores. Just minutes away from Stone Ridge, High Falls, New Paltz, and Woodstock.
The dude ranch is located in Kerhonkson, a sleepy hamlet in the the Shawangunk Mountains, which has some of the state's best rock-climbing spots. Weather permitting, experienced climbers can scale parts of the ridge at nearby Minnewaska State Park Preserve. Kerhonkson is also home to home to Gnome Chomsky at Kelder's Farm, one of the world's largest garden gnomes.