Hotel at a Glance: Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino
Let loose at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino, where you’ll find parties all summer long at the rooftop pool, dealers clad in racy lingerie in the casino, and booths at Heart Bar that make everyone feel like a VIP. Rest up in Hip or Resort rooms equipped with 42” TVs, pillow-top mattresses, and movie-memorabilia decor.
- Princess of Pop: Britney Spears is in residency at the resort throughout 2015.
- Top 10 buffet: Gayot ranked the Spice Market Buffet as one of the Strip’s top 10 in 2015.
- Surf’s up: Those that travel before October can try out the pool’s FlowRider, which creates waves, great for anyone from surfers, to wakeboarders, or skim boarders to practice their skills. The FlowRider is a great family activity, and is safe and fun even for children (guests must be 48 inches to ride).
- Show off your bikini bod at the bikini contests at the pool held each Saturday.
- Tropical treatments in the Bali-themed spa range from lomi lomi massage to body polishes.
- Tee time: Hit the greens at Rio Secco Golf or Cascata Golf.
The Las Vegas Strip: 24/7 Entertainment and Fine Dining
With an almost unlimited variety of casinos, bars and nightclubs, and live entertainment, the general consensus along the Las Vegas Strip seems to be “go big or go home.” And you can go really big here. Make a beeline for the dozens of 24-hour casinos lining the neon-lit Strip to tango with Lady Luck in high-stakes games of roulette, blackjack, and poker; or grab a front-row seat to the city’s over-the-top glitz at nightly magic, acrobatic, and musical performances. Be sure to stick around for mealtimes—casinos on the Strip are known for their fine-dining restaurants and extravagant buffets overflowing with crab legs and prime rib.
Even Sin City isn’t all casinos, all the time. Go shopping at the high-end boutiques found inside most hotels on the Las Vegas Strip, or head to Fashion Show Las Vegas to browse racks at Neiman Marcus, Macy’s, and Saks Fifth Avenue. You can also virtually travel the globe in just a few city blocks, thanks to the Strip’s re-creation of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, and Venetian canals. And you’ll find a surprising number of shows in Las Vegas for kids hidden among the raucous nightlife.