What You Get
Per CDC guidelines, travel to Mexico is highly discouraged at this time due to the increased COVID-19 levels currently being reported. Please view the latest travel information here.
COVID-19 Testing: Beginning 9/1/21 as part of their health and safety measures, Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa, will be offering COVID-19 rapid tests for an additional US$24 per guest. For guest comfort, the test will be available at the resort. Guests may schedule the appointment upon check-in. Any guests testing positive for COVID-19 will receive a discounted nightly rate, while they quarantine for 14 days.
- Stay for two in a deluxe junior suite
- Select option is all-inclusive
Included in all-inclusive
- All meals and snacks
- Fine cuts at Brigantine restaurant
- 50% discount at in-suite dining
- International drinks and house wine by the glass
- 50% discount premium brands
- Mexican party and beach party
- Kids club (5–12 years old)
- Use of fitness center, mini golf, and tennis court (reservation required)
- Daily on-site activities
- WiFi access
- Hotel taxes and fees
- Los Cabos International Airport (additional charges apply - contact hotel for reservations)
- Complimentary shuttle between all the Solmar properties
Resort at a Glance: Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
The sprawling Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa stretches across 8 acres of private beach, just minutes from Cabo San Lucas’s bustling downtown district. The 4.5-star resort boasts several dining venues, a handful of outdoor hot tubs, and three pools—one of which is reserved for adults. The hacienda-style resort also has a kids’ club with a playground to keep little ones entertained.
- Notable accolades: This resort holds a Four Diamond rating from AAA and a 2014 Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
- Spacious rooms feature king beds, queen-size sofa sleepers, fully equipped kitchenettes, and private balconies
- Onsite dining: Puerto San Lucas specializes in pasta and seafood, and the oceanfront Brigantine offers classic Mexican dishes and surf ‘n’ turf for dinner.
- Grab a drink at the poolside or lobby bar.
- Treat yourself to a hot-stone massage, body wrap, or new hairstyle at the onsite Playa Grande Spa.
- Walk to downtown Cabo for scuba-diving, camel safaris, flyboarding, swimming with dolphins, and whale-watching cruises.
- Have some fun with the included 20% discount to Cabo Adventures Tours (not valid for scuba diving, mountain bike, or sailing boat), Wave Runners, parasailing, glass-bottom boat, a sunset cruise with Buccaneer Queen, and a morning whale-watching excursion (during whale season).
- Be pampered with a massage at the hotel’s spa; guests can receive a complimentary 20-minute reflexology session if they purchase a 50-minute massage.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: Watersports, White-Sand Beaches, and Festive Parties
Located at the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula in Mexico and 10 degrees below the Tropic of Cancer, Cabo San Lucas enjoys pleasant year-round temperatures. Just south of town, the white-sand Lover’s Beach (or Playa del Amor) stretches alongside the Sea of Cortez and is frequented by sea lions, and, depending on the season, humpback whales. It’s a popular spot for snorkeling, scuba diving, and swimming. Tour boats and water taxis regularly zip from Cabo to Lover’s Beach and the neighboring El Arco, an arch-shaped granite rock formation that has become Cabo’s unofficial symbol.
Surrounding the marina waterfront, downtown Cabo buzzes 24 hours a day with visitors sampling local tequilas and fresh, grilled seafood. Slip into one of the trendy restaurants near the marina to try chicharrones—fried pork rinds—and chiles en nogada—poblano chilis topped in a walnut cream sauce. The tourist district is also filled with nightclubs and cantinas catering to every kind of visitor, whether they’re looking for conga lines or jazz tunes.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The property is about 40 minutes from Los Cabos International Airport (SJD). Click here for transportation options.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another voucher? The deal covers a stay for two guests. For the all-inclusive option, additional adults or kids may added for $89 per night for each additional guest 13 or older, $50 per night for each additional guest 12 or younger. For the room only option there is no additional charge to add additional guests.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? No resort credits are included in this deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 888-321-2226.
Deluxe Junior Suite
- One king bed and one queen sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 adults & 1 kid or 2 adults & 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: All-inclusive options - $89 per night for each additional guest 13 or older, $50 per night for each additional guest 12 or younger; Room only options - no additional charge
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
- Swimming pools and hot tubs
- Adults-only swimming pool
- Spa and beauty salon
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge service
- Game room
- Kids’ playground
- Gift shop
- Complimentary parking
- 20% Discount on Cabo Adventures Tours (not valid for scuba diving, mountain bike, or sailing boat)
- 20% Discount on Wave Runners, parasailing, and glass bottom boat
- 20% Discount on Sunset Cruise with Buccaneer Queen
- 20% Discount on a morning whale-watching excursion (during whale season)
- 10% discount on a meal plan (room-only option)
- Complimentary 20-minute reflexology session with a purchase of a 50-minute massage
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- 29% tax for room only option paid at check-in
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Playa Grande Resort & Grand Spa
- Nearest airport: Los Cabos International Airport (SJD; 45 km/30 mi)
- Shuttle service: airport shuttle available for $42 per person, round trip
- Other options: private van ($190/round trip for up to 5), private SUV ($250/round trip for up to 6), and limousine ($300/round trip for up to 6) transfers are also available