Hotel at a Glance: Playa Palms Beach Hotel
You'll find the Playa Palms Beach Hotel nestled along a white-sand beach on the Caribbean coastline of Playa del Carmen. There, guests at the all-suite boutique resort can look out onto the ocean from their private terraces, which are decked out with hammocks and furniture. Lounge around on the beach, or enjoy the included continental breakfast served on your balcony.
- Award-winner: The hotel earned a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence in 2013
- Hammock on your private terrace: Soak up ocean views from the comfort of your studio's private terrace, which is also equipped with a table and chairs.
- Start the day right with an included continental breakfast, served at your balcony
- Visit beautiful Cozumel: The ferry to the island is less than a mile from the hotel
- Take a dip in the lagoon-style outdoor pool
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called "the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula" by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa's most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you'll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum's crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba's enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks less than a mile from the hotel at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world's most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The best airport to fly in/out of is Cancún International Airport (airport code: CUN). Travel time from the airport to the hotel is approximately 45 minutes. Please contact the property at (888) 676-4431 for further travel information.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The standard and maximum occupancy of the Ocean-View Studio is two guests; additional occupancy is not allowed.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not offered with this deal.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Please contact the property for reservation and dress code information.