Hotel at a Glance: Port Aransas Escapes
These condos are comfy, so it’s easy to sleep in. But don’t skip the colorful sunrise over the Gulf, just a short walk from your front door. The condos are designed to feel like a home away from home, whether you’re traveling with friends or family.
- Two-bedroom condos with full kitchens and easy access to the beach boardwalk
- Pirate’s Bay condo is about a mile to the beach, while the Beach Head condo is beachfront.
- Make a splash: Guests get access to a shared outdoor pool. .
- Kid-friendly amenities including an outdoor playground
- Nearby adventures: Go deep-sea fishing or head to the shore to spot the gulf’s exotic waterfowl. Nearby preserves also provide some of the area’s best places for birdwatching.
Port Aransas, Texas: Sunny Beach Town with Excellent Fishing
Port Aransas is located at the northern end of Mustang Island, a narrow landmass that stretches for 18 miles off the Gulf Coast in Texas. The area gets frequent sunshine and is lined with sparsely populated public beaches, and it’s become popular with spring-breaking college students. They frequent the beachside clubs and bars, or rent kayaks and surfboards to paddle through the waves.
Fishing is a major pastime here; more than 20 fishing tournaments are based in Port Aransas, and you can catch tuna, kingfish, and marlin out on the water as dolphins jump nearby. When you return to land, bring your catch to one of the island and they’ll often grill it for you on the spot.
There are 1,200 acres of tidal flats and undeveloped shore land to explore at the Port Aransas Nature Preserve, which features three miles of hiking and biking trails and boardwalks. Head up to one of the lookout towers and you can often spot rare and endangered birds such as the Piping Plover, a stout shorebird with an appetite for crustaceans.