Hotel at a Glance: Posada Mariposa Boutique Hotel
Comfortable, upscale decor and lush plant life decorate the posh lobby of Posada Mariposa Boutique Hotel, where guest rooms are smart and stylish. Stay here and you’ll be right in the middle of the action in Playa del Carmen, steps from nightlife and restaurants as well as the all-important beach.
- 5th Avenue: The hotel is located on Playa del Carmen’s famous 5th Avenue (La Quinta Avenida in Spanish), a pedestrian-friendly thoroughfare filled with shops, restaurants, and lively bars.
- Walk to the beach: It’s less than two blocks away.
- In-room features include hardwood furniture, a patio, a 32-inch television, a mini fridge, an iPod docking station, complimentary bottled water, cotton bathrobes, air conditioning, and high-speed WiFi.
- Daily breakfast included with your stay
- Mamita’s Beach Club: Guests of the hotel enjoy free entry and half-off rentals for beach beds and umbrellas.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa del Carmen’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south lie the preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. One easy day trip is to visit the crumbling Mayan temples at Tulum, which are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, then head over to the enormous pyramid at Coba, which rises between two lagoons. Another option is to hop aboard the ferry to the island of Cozumel—the boat docks about 2 miles from the hotel at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips to the nearby reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancún International Airport (CUN) is 34 miles from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. Adding occupants above standard is $20 per night for an additional guest 9 or older; a kid 8 or younger stays free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your Groupon or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations for the onsite restaurants are not required and the dress code is casual. For more information about your dining options, please click here.