Hotel at a Glance: Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle
The distinctly fruity rum runner cocktail was invented decades ago at the hotel's Holiday Isle Tiki Bar, and since then, the drink has become synonymous with the tropics. This oceanfront tavern, with its thatched roof and blazing torches, is just one way the resort embraces life in the Florida Keys. From its private marina, guests can embark on dive trips to nearby reefs or take cruises to watch the sunset between sips of champagne.
- Island dining: Dine on fresh ahi tuna or steaks at Shula's 2, raw oysters and fish tacos at Jaws Raw Bar, or burgers alfresco at Wreck Bar.
- Celeb hot spot: Susan Sarandon, Don Johnson, and Jeff Daniels have all visited the famed Holiday Isle Tiki Bar.
- Boathouse-inspired guest rooms have nautical quotations on the walls, driftwood-tiled floors, and handmade furnishings.
- Take a dip in the ocean, which is steps away, or amid palm trees in the seaside pool.
- Lollipops and lemonade give guests a sweet welcome to the resort.
The Florida Keys: Maritime Escape on the Overseas Highway
Islamorada is located in the upper portion of the Florida Keys, southwest of Key Largo. It's a quiet, laid-back place that typifies the Keys lifestyle; many people visit just to bask in the sun. You can also go from snorkeling with dolphins at one marina to kayaking with paddle-wielding manatees at the next. Most restaurants offer beach or patio seating for a nice view of the sunset.
The historic Overseas Highway was once a railroad connecting the Keys; after it was hit by a hurricane in 1935, it became a thoroughfare for motorists to drive right along the water. At Bahia Honda State Park, there's a bridge that commemorates the old railway.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.