Top Reasons to Stay at Postcard Inn on the Beach
- It’s located on prime Gulf Coast beachfront, just half an hour from downtown Tampa.
- There are two onsite restaurants and bars; at PCI Bar & Grill, enjoy Angus burgers or seafood tacos.
- This Getaway includes PCI Bar & Grill’s All-American breakfast—two eggs with potatoes, toast, and applewood-smoked bacon, sausage or ham—for two.
- Stop by the PCI Beach Bar in the evening for a great view of the sunset and snacks such as bacon-wrapped jalapeño shrimp.
- Guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, vintage light fixtures, and large-scale surf photos by local artists.
Saint Pete Beach, Florida: Sunny Seaside Parks Outside Saint Petersburg
Saint Pete Beach was named the Top Beach Destination by TripAdvisor readers in 2012. It’s located just south of Saint Petersburg on the Gulf Coast. The town has an appealing historical district, Pass-a-Grille, where specialty shops neighbor dive bars with outdoor decks. Just beyond the buildings, Pass-a-Grille beach points like a ship’s bow into the bay.
Guests may also want to take a trip to Fort De Soto Park. It features piers and shallows for fishing, a canoe trail, and the Paw Playground, which includes park and beach areas for pets to play unleashed.
The nearby city of Saint Petersburg receives an average of 361 days of sunshine per year, meaning you can enjoy its many outdoor parks virtually whenever you please. The 400-acre Sawgrass Lake Park has one of Florida’s largest maple swamps. A mile-long boardwalk brings you close to native birds, turtles, and alligators. At Weedon Island Preserve, you can paddle a kayak through brackish waterways and mangrove tunnels.
Saint Petersburg recently underwent a downtown revamp that brought in shops, art galleries, and restaurants. Tour the Salvador Dalí Museum, where exhibits showcase oil paintings, drawings, and photographs by the famed surrealist.