What You Get
- Stay for four in a standard double-queen room, for six in a luxury queen suite, or for eight in a four-bedroom villa
- Daily breakfast, daily golf-cart rental, and daily beverage credit of $50 (standard double-queen room) or $100 (luxury queen suite or four bedroom villa)
- Dates into June
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 16-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable; reservations made within cancellation window are nonrefundable
- Additional fees: $30 refundable authorization charge due at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: Put-in-Bay Resort & Conference Center
Thatched umbrellas surround a pool with a swim-up bar at this South Bass Island resort. While listening to the splash of a waterfall from a poolside lounge chair, you might feel like you’re staying on a far-off isle in the Caribbean—but this island is anchored in the waters of Lake Erie.
- Included breakfast with items such as belgian waffles and biscuits and gravy
- Grab a drink: This Getaway includes a beverage credit that can be used at the Blue Marlin Bar & Grill or swim-up bar (weather permitting).
- Golf cart: Use your included rental to cruise to the shore.
- 40-person hot tub stays at a balmy 104 degrees
- Tee off at nearby Saunders Golf Course.
- Distance from Main Street: one block
Put-in-Bay, Ohio: World’s Largest Geode on South Bass Island
The tiny village of Put-in-Bay has roughly 150 permanent residents, but each spring, the population booms as vacationers hit the shores. The village occupies a stretch of beachfront on South Bass Island, where kayakers come to navigate Lake Erie and fishermen cast out for perch and walleye (the lake’s been called the walleye capital of the world).
Put-in-Bay is barely a speck on the map, but it’s home to the biggest geode on earth, Crystal Cave. Tour the underground cave to see iridescent blue crystals hanging from the ceiling. The cavern was uncovered more than a century ago when workers began building Heineman’s Winery, which still bottles its own wine and champagne upstairs. Other eclectic attractions in town include a wooden carousel that’s nearly 100 years old and a chocolate museum that serves up heaping scoops of locally made ice cream.
At Perry’s Family Fun Center, kids can mine for gemstones and stand amid fluttering butterflies in the butterfly house. The main attraction here is Perry’s Cave, named after Commodore Perry, who fought pivotal battles on Lake Erie during the War of 1812.
Standard Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
Luxury Queen Suite
- Two queen beds and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
- Four queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 8
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: available for no additional cost
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact the property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Onsite restaurant
- Heated pool (weather permitting) and swim-up bar
- 40-person hot tub
- Free WiFi
- Fitness center and tanning salon
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 16-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is nonrefundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must use promotional value in 1 visit
- Not valid with reward points
- $30 refundable authorization charge due at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Put-in-Bay Resort & Conference Center
- Take the Miller Boat Line ferry to get from the mainland to the island.