Hotel at a Glance: Quality Inn Hoffman Estates
Quality Inn Hoffman Estates is located about 30 miles northwest of Chicago in the quiet suburb of Hoffman Estates. A free hotel shuttle can take guests anywhere within a 7-mile radius, which includes Medieval Times and its jousting tournaments, as well as Woodfield Mall, one of the nation’s largest shopping malls.
- Dig in: The hotel offers a free breakfast each morning.
- In-room amenities: King and two-double rooms each have a coffeemaker, microwave, refrigerator, flat-screen TV, and free WiFi.
- Squeeze in a workout at the onsite fitness center.
- Go for a stroll through the sprawling Poplar Creek Forest Preserve, just across the street from the hotel.
- Tee off: There are several golf courses in the surrounding countryside.
- Bring your pooch: You can bring up to two pets (under 50 pounds), for an additional fee.
Hoffman Estates, Illinois: Northwest Suburb of Chicago near Shopping, Forest Preserves, and Entertainment
Hoffman Estates is quiet berg about 30 miles northwest of Chicago, home to several forest preserves, shopping centers, and golf courses. Sears, which started in Chicagoland, is also headquartered here. Next door to the company’s campus, the Sears Centre Arena hosts a rotating line-up of circuses, concerts, plays, and musicals.
The neighboring town of Schaumburg is best known as the home of Woodfield Mall, the nation’s tenth-largest shopping center. Among roughly 300 stores and restaurants, Woodfield’s anchor attractions include an Apple Store, Macy’s, and Nordstrom. It also features fashion-forward boutiques such as Coach and Tumi.
Just around the corner, The Streets of Woodfield offers an outdoor, pedestrian-friendly experience with a movie theater, coffee shops, clothing stores, and the Legoland Discovery Center. Here, kids can tour an interactive Lego “factory,” catch a 3-D flick, and build their own Lego creations such as miniature cars that can be put to the test on a racetrack. A couple of blocks away from Woodfield, you can browse Swedish-made housewares at Ikea, one of only two of the chain’s Illinois locations.