Hotel at a Glance: Quality Inn & Suites Oceanview
Walk just 100 feet from this comfortable hotel and you can sink your toes into the warm white sands of Capistrano Beach. Back in your suite, you'll feel ocean breezes from your private balcony. A short drive will take you to Anaheim's famous theme parks.
- Roast s'mores by a fire pit on Capistrano Beach, which is right across the street.
- Ocean-view hot tub: Soak up the sun as you watch the waves crash in the distance.
- Piping-hot waffles and fresh fruit are part of the complimentary breakfast spread.
- Recent recognition: TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2013.
- Distance from Disneyland: about a half hour by car
Dana Point, California: Oceanfront Orange County Community
Cruise south along the Pacific Coast Highway and you'll reach Dana Point, a stretch of beaches and rocky ledges that's ideal for spotting gray and blue whales year-round. For some of the best viewing, head to Dana Wharf, where you can board a cruise ship to glimpse dolphins leaping in the air and elusive orca whales practicing their backstrokes. Kayak fishing boats set out in search of smaller sea life, such as bluefin and albacore tuna. Chefs grill up fresh-caught seafood at restaurants along the shore. Along the wharf and in town, you can pick up handcrafted Native American jewelry and eat heaping scoops of coffee-infused ice cream.