Top Reasons to Stay at Quality Inn & Suites On The River
- The inn sits amid mountain views just steps from the Colorado River. Popular pursuits include fishing and whitewater rafting in Glenwood Canyon.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park is also nearby. It features an alpine roller coaster that zooms down the mountainside and a giant swing that launches riders 1,300 feet above the river.
- Onsite, the indoor pool and hot tub make for great places for families to relax or enjoy their free time.
- Guest rooms feature WiFi access and cable TVs with access to pay-per-view movies.
- Guests can grill on the inn's outdoor deck, which looks out onto the pine-fringed Rocky Mountains. In the morning, you can refuel with a continental breakfast on the house.
- The onsite fitness room is stocked with free weights and cardio equipment.
Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Small Town in the Rockies with Hot Springs and Whitewater Rafting
Located about 160 miles west of Denver, Glenwood Springs is surrounded by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and lots of outdoor fun. Rand McNally and USA Today named it the Most Fun Town in America in 2011 because there’s almost always something to do here. Golfing, hiking, and whitewater rafting are all within easy reach, and several of Colorado’s most popular ski resorts, including Aspen and Vail, are less than an hour away. Head to Glenwood Canyon from April through October to tackle Class III and IV rapids on the Colorado River. The canyon is also a nice spot for hiking—trails wind through aspen groves, meadows, and rocky hills with hidden waterfalls.
The area’s geothermal attractions are also must-sees, particularly the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. More than 3 million gallons of hot water flow through the pool every day, making it the world’s largest swimming pool of its kind. The same waters run through the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves, creating a mineral-enriched steam in the humid subterranean chambers. Visitors can descend into these caves to breathe in the healing vapors, which have high concentrations of sulfate, nitrate, zinc, and potassium.