Hotel at a Glance: Quality Inn & Suites On The River
Quality Inn & Suites On The River sits amid mountain views just steps from the Colorado River. Popular pursuits include fishing and whitewater rafting in nearby Glenwood Canyon. Rooms keep you comfortable with free WiFi, microwaves, mini fridges, and coffeemakers, and some even have views of the river.
- Hit up the hot tub or go for a swim in the heated indoor pool.
- Start your day with a full belly at the free hot breakfast buffet.
- Take in the mountain air from the sun deck or throw open your room’s windows for a breeze.
- Work up a sweat in the fitness center.
- Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park: features an alpine roller coaster that zooms down the mountainside and a giant swing that launches riders 1,300 feet above the river (2 miles away)
Glenwood Springs, Colorado: Small Town in the Rockies with Hot Springs and Whitewater Rafting
Located about 160 miles west of Denver, Glenwood Springs is surrounded by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and lots of outdoor fun. Rand McNally and USA Today named it the Most Fun Town in America in 2011 because there’s almost always something to do here. Golfing, hiking, and whitewater rafting are all within easy reach, and several of Colorado’s most popular ski resorts, including Aspen and Vail, are less than an hour away. Head to Glenwood Canyon from April through October to tackle Class III and IV rapids on the Colorado River. The canyon is also a nice spot for hiking—trails wind through aspen groves, meadows, and rocky hills with hidden waterfalls.
The area’s geothermal attractions are also must-sees, particularly the Glenwood Hot Springs Pool. More than 3 million gallons of hot water flow through the pool every day, making it the world’s largest swimming pool of its kind. The same waters run through the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves, creating a mineral-enriched steam in the humid subterranean chambers. Visitors can descend into these caves to breathe in the healing vapors, which have high concentrations of sulfate, nitrate, zinc, and potassium.