Hotel at a Glance: Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay
Slots, blackjack, and bingo are all a short walk away for guests 21 and older at Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Green Bay. The hotel connects directly to Oneida Casino, which features a pair of restaurants, Purcell’s Lounge, and 24-hour gaming. Austin Straubel International Airport is right across the street, and the hotel runs a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.
- Slot denominations: $0.01 to $100
- Get your beauty sleep: Deluxe guest rooms have adjustable Sleep Number® beds as well as 37-inch HDTVs and mini refrigerators.
- Go swimming in the indoor pool and hot tub.
- Starbucks® coffee is available for purchase in the lobby cafe.
- Best place to grab a drink: Purcell's Lounge Bar specializes in cocktails and martinis made with freshly squeezed juice.
- Nearby restaurants: Located in Oneida Casino, Asian Noodle Bar offers lunch and dinner, while Pine Tree Grill Restaurant serves up breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Green Bay, Wisconsin: Outdoor Adventures in Packer Country
Located in northeast Wisconsin, Green Bay hugs the western shores of Lake Michigan. Winter brings outdoors enthusiasts to the area for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and snow tubing. Less than an hour to the east, Kewaunee County’s Winter Park offers exhilarating tubing runs and a chute with a 70-foot vertical drop. In warmer months, the surrounding trails attract hikers and bicyclists, and the lake draws windsurfers and anglers.
Despite its stunning natural setting, Green Bay is best known as the capital of Packer country. Die-hard fans will want to make a pilgrimage to the storied football team’s hall of fame (closed for renovations until 2015) and to Lambeau Field for a tour of the stadium.
For a fun day trip, travel about 90 minutes northwest to Door County. Here you’ll find 300 miles’ worth of craggy Lake Michigan shoreline dotted with lighthouses and state parks. The former fishing villages along the shore are now filled with charming mom-and-pop restaurants serving homemade swedish pancakes and old-fashioned ice-cream sodas. The area has a strong artistic presence, too. Many of the tiny hamlets boast galleries where local artisans craft eclectic original pieces using copper, glass, and eggshells from nearby farms.