Hotel at a Glance: Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside overlooks the rushing waters of the Genesee River in downtown Rochester. The hotel was recently updated, earning the Carlson Hotels Renovation Award in both 2012 and 2013. The spacious guest rooms boast flat-screen TVs with HBO and ESPN, premium bedding, and free WiFi. Some have nice views of the river.
- Walk to the Rochester Riverside Convention Center and numerous bars and restaurants.
- Catch a minor-league baseball game at Frontier Field in downtown Rochester, home of the Red Wings. They’re currently the Triple-A affiliate of the Minnesota Twins.
- Use your dining credit toward burgers, pizza, and other pub favorites at the onsite Legends Sports Bar & Grille.
- Free shuttle running to and from the Greater Rochester International Airport and local businesses
- Complimentary grab-and-go breakfast available from 5 a.m.–6:30 a.m.
Rochester, New York: Historic City with Plenty of Parks and Waterways
Situated on the shores of Lake Ontario in upstate New York, Rochester is a picturesque city steeped in history. One of its most famous residents is George Eastman, who created a camera that used roll film, an invention that revolutionized the photography industry; he went on to found Kodak in 1892. Today, you can tour Eastman’s home-cum-museum, the George Eastman House, which displays French and American photography as well as the world’s largest collection of photo and filmmaking equipment. The National Susan B. Anthony House , a hub of the women’s and civil rights movements in the late 19th century, is here, too, and well worth a visit.