Top Reasons to Stay at Radisson Resort at the Port
- The hotel is located on Florida’s sunny “Space Coast,” just a few miles from Port Canaveral’s cruise-ship terminals and within a half-hour drive of the Kennedy Space Center and sandy Cocoa Beach.
- Cool off with a drink from the poolside Tiki Bar, or splash around in the waterfall pool.
- Comfortable guest rooms feature 25-inch TVs, free WiFi, and Sleep Number® beds in most rooms.
- At nearby Cocoa Beach, you can learn to surf, go parasailing, sunbathe on the sand, or take an eco-cruise by kayaking through the Thousand Islands and their mangrove tunnels.
- Dinner at Flamingo’s Restaurant includes a view of the tropical grounds, waterfalls, and swimming pool.
- You can head to Flamingo’s Lounge Bar for live jazz and Caribbean music.
Cape Canaveral, Florida: White-Sand Beaches on Florida’s “Space Coast”
Nicknamed Florida’s “Space Coast” for the nearby Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral is also a sunny city set along Cocoa Beach’s 72-mile shoreline. Just as rockets launch into orbit from the nearby space station, cruise ships embark on voyages of their own from the nearby Port Canaveral. The Radisson provides a complimentary shuttle service for those heading off to sea. This area has also been called the East Coast’s surf capital, in part because 11-time surf champion Kelly Slater got his start on these waves. You’ll find several surf shops offering lessons and gear, plus in-the-know staff who can show you where to find the best breaks. You can also rent a kayak and explore the waterways—keep an eye out for the area’s manatees. Surrounding the Kennedy Space Center is the 140,000-acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge. Take the wildlife drive to spot alligators, bald eagles, and other animals on your way to the space center. There, you’ll see hands-on replicas of astronaut capsules, an authentic Saturn V rocket from NASA’s Apollo program, and Alan Shepard’s space suit.
_No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions._