Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Appleton
Located just off US-41, the Ramada Appleton sits close to the Fox River region's best attractions, including the Fox River Mall less than a mile away. Outagamie County Regional Airport is also close by—the hotel offers a shuttle to and from the airport—and the hotel is a short drive from Lake Winnebago, the EAA AirVenture Museum in Oshkosh, and Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
- Watch the tube on your guest room's 42" flat-screen TV.
- Take a dip in the heated pool and hot tub, both open until midnight.
- Break a sweat in the fitness center.
- Start the morning with the complimentary continental breakfast.
- Stock up on candy in the convenience mart.
- Be victorious in the game room.
- Go fishing for white bass, freshwater drum, and walleye in Lake Winnebago.
Appleton, Wisconsin: Theater, Dining, and Upscale Shopping Along the Fox River
Situated about two hours north of Milwaukee, Appleton straddles the banks of the Fox River, which flows north from Lake Winnebago into Lake Michigan. Appleton is part of a chain of riverside communities collectively known as the Fox Cities. Along the river, you’ll find a number of public parks as well as the Hearthstone House, the first residence in the country to be powered by hydroelectricity. You can tour the four-story mansion four days a week.
Downtown Appleton is a walkable mishmash of trendy restaurants, art galleries, and coffee shops. It’s also home to the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, where you can catch a Broadway show or symphony performance. Less than a mile away from the hotel lies the Fox River Mall, a major shopping center with plenty of upscale retailers.