Top Reasons to Visit Ramada Gateway Hotel
- The Ramada is a Walt Disney World Good Neighbor® Hotel, located 1 mile from the entrance to the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. It’s also just 10 miles from SeaWorld Orlando and 15 miles from Universal Orlando Resort.
- A hotel shuttle can take you to and from Walt Disney World® Theme Parks, SeaWorld, Universal Orlando Resort, and nearby outlet shopping at regularly scheduled intervals.
- It’s Florida’s largest Ramada, with 500 rooms, two outdoor pools, a game room, and mini golf.
- Guest rooms all feature cable TV, free WiFi, and mini refrigerators.
- There are three onsite restaurants: Smokehouse Grill, a barbecue restaurant with a breakfast buffet; a deli; and Mulligan’s Sports Bar, a spot with mounted TVs and karaoke.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Downtown Disney® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding Space Mountain® Attraction, a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride past the ghastly goofballs inside The Haunted Mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries at the World Showcase. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.
About a 10-minute drive north, you’ll find several cultural institutions surrounding Loch Haven Park, including the Orlando Museum of Art; the collection features pieces by Georgia O’Keeffe, Robert Rauschenberg, Ansel Adams, and Andy Warhol. The park is also home to the Orlando Shakespeare Theater and the Orlando Science Center, where you can take a rover across a simulation of Mars or race model cars down a 70-foot pinewood-derby track.