Hotel at a Glance: Ramada Jordan Beacon Harbourside Hotel & Suites
Ramada Jordan Beacon Harbourside Hotel & Suites welcomes guests into a sun-drenched lobby with large floor-to-ceiling windows, elegant tile, and enveloping views of the busy Jordan Harbour. In fact, almost everywhere you step in the hotel offers a chance to admire the scenery, from the lobby and the breakfast area to all 62 guest rooms. The hotel's location in the heart of Ontario's wine country invites lots of exploring.
- Tastings for two at Trius Winery at Hillebrand, Peller Estates Winery, and Konzelmann Estate Winery are included with this getaway.
- Chocolates and truffles: Learn how chocolate is made and enjoy samples during a tour of Chocolate FX (also included with your stay).
- Grab a bite of steak or seafood at The Beacon Harbourside Restaurant while sitting on the patio. You'll get a $20 dining credit with this getaway.
- Don Cherry's Sports Bar offers up an array of appetizers as well as burgers, wraps, pizzas, and more.
- Distance to Niagara Falls: 18 miles (29 km)
Niagara Falls, Ontario: Panoramic Views of the Falls near Vegas-Style Casinos and Water Parks
At Niagara Falls—considered by many to be one of the world’s seven natural wonders—water thunders downward from a height of nearly 200 feet, crashing onto craggy boulders below. The falls straddle the border between Canada and the United States, with segments located in both New York and Ontario, but the Canadian side of the Niagara River is universally hailed as the finest vantage point to take in all three of Niagara Falls' photogenic brinks: American, Bridal Veil, and Horseshoe Falls.
Hornblower cruises ferry raincoat-clad passengers around the base of the falls from April through October, depending on the river's ice conditions. Year-round, Journey Behind the Falls grants a glimpse behind the curtain of Horseshoe Falls—board an elevator that descends 150 feet into the bedrock, then stand at an observation deck steps away from the cascading water.
A 10-minute walk from the falls, you'll see the neon glow of the Clifton Hill neighborhood. Its Fallsview Boulevard has plenty of Vegas-style kitsch, including glitzy casinos, indoor water parks, restaurants, and soggy Elvis impersonators.